Southeast Alabama Education Outreach Center
Southeast Alabama Education Outreach Center are happy to invite your child to secure their position in the Educational Talent Search Program (ETS) in Dothan City Schools (DCS). We have limited spots and would like to extend an invitation to your student.
Educational Talent Search (ETS) is a federally funded program with the following objectives:
- Identify students with the potential to enroll in college, technical school, or a certificate program (Post Secondary Education – PSE) after high school graduation.
- Supplement the middle and high school counselor’s guidance in career exploration, career planning, college financial planning, and academic advisement.
- Monitor student academic preparedness to be ready to enroll in a postsecondary option of choice.
- Facilitate the completion of the admission process in 11th and 12th grade to review and meet admission, financial aid, and scholarship deadlines relevant to individuals. The average award for 2020 senior $6,000.00
- In essence, ETS is about creating awareness about one’s curriculum choices to prepare a student for college enrollment and career path.