Upcoming Dates & Events for Seniors
Senior Final Exams
- May 24th – Senior Exams 6th and 8th Period (Year-long Classes Only)
- May 25th – Senior Exams 5th and 7th Period (Year-long Classes Only)
- May 26th – Senior Exams 2nd and 4th Period (Year-long Classes Only) and 6th and 8th Period (3rd and 4th Block)
- May 27th – Senior Exams 1st and 3rd Period (Year-long Classes Only) and 1st and 3rd Period (1st and 2nd Block)
- Due no later than Thursday, May 27th
- Students will not be issued graduation tickets if they owe money.
- This includes class fees accrued in 9th - 12th grades and may include athletics, clubs, AP class fees, GradPro, technology fees, and lost textbooks and library books.
- Saturday, May 29th
- Alpha Building at National Peanut Festival fairgrounds
- Lead Out at 7:00 pm
- Dance 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- Tickets are $50 per person; Deadline to order tickets is Friday, May 21st
- Sunday, May 23rd @ 3:00pm
- Ridgecrest Baptist Church
- Due to limited seating and COVID19, only graduates and Dothan High School personnel will attend in person
- Baccalaureate will be livestreamed by Ridgecrest Baptist Church for family and friends
- Link to livestream https://www.rbcdothan.org/
- Tuesday, June 1st at 6:00 pm
- Must dress in cap & gown
- Held in the Dothan High School Gym
- This is an optional event for students receiving awards
- Students must be in line by 5:00 pm
- Due to COVID19, only two guests allowed per student
Graduation Practice and Tickets
- Thursday, June 3rd, 9:00 am, Dothan High Gym, Graduation Lineup and Graduation Tickets Issued
- Friday, June 4th, 9:00 am start time, Amphitheater, The Crossing At Big Creek, 11295 US-231, Cottonwood, AL 36320
- Attendance is REQUIRED AT BOTH EVENTS IF you are participating in graduation Saturday, June 5th
- Amphitheater, The Crossing At Big Creek, 11295 US-231, Cottonwood, AL 36320
- Saturday, June 5th
- Each student will receive eight (8) tickets
- Students must arrive and be in line by 7:00 am
- Ceremony will begin at 8:00 am
- If delayed due to rain:
- 1st rain date make-up: Saturday, June 5th - 6:00 pm arrival, 7:00 pm ceremony
- 2nd rain date make-up: Wednesday, June 9th - 7:00 am arrival, 8:00 am ceremony
2021 Dothan High School Graduation Ceremony Guidelines
- Graduation will be held Saturday, June 5th, at 8:00 am at the Amphitheater at The Crossing At Big Creek, 11295 US-231, Cottonwood, AL 36320.
- Graduates are required to be in line no later than 7:00 am.
- The gates will open at 7:00 am and will close promptly at 8:00 am.
- Each graduate will be given 8 tickets. Every person (including small children) must have a ticket.
- Attending family and friends will need to bring folding chairs or blankets for seating.
- Graduate Dress Code: All ladies are required to wear a light weight dark dress with a low collar and dark shoes. Heels are not recommended as you will be walking in grass. All gentlemen are required to wear a white dress shirt, solid dark tie, dark dress pants, and dark dress shoes. This is a school event and the school system dress code is in effect. If you do not meet the dress code requirements, you will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony.
- No chewing gum while on stage. No cell phones. Leave them in your car during practice and graduation.
- Caps and gowns are to be worn for the graduation ceremony. Wear the cap squarely on the head with the tassel over the right side. CAPS CANNOT NOT BE DECORATED. IF YOU DECORATE YOUR CAP YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN GRADUATION.
- Diplomas will be given to you in your left hand. Due to COVID19, there will not be a handshake.
- All school rules apply for graduation day. Any student who violates any school or dress code rule will be removed and not allowed to participate in graduation.
- Please respect the rights of ALL family members to hear the name of their graduate being called.
- Graduates will only receive a diploma cover when they walk across the stage. Graduation gowns are rented and must be returned to GradPro at the end of the ceremony. When the gown is returned, the student will receive the diploma. Instructions for return will be given at graduation practice. Any behavior problems during the ceremony will result in your diploma being picked up at Dothan High School after meeting with the principal.
- All graduates participating in graduation are required to be at the Dothan High School gym on Thursday, June 3rd at 9:00am. Graduation tickets will be issued to each graduate and the graduation lineup will be set.
- All graduates participating in graduation are required to be at graduation practice on June 4th at 9:00 am at The Crossing at Big Creek Amphitheater. Be on time. Practice is mandatory. If you do not practice, you will not be able to participate in graduation. When you arrive, please sit where you were assigned at the practice on June 3rd at the high school gym.
- Most importantly, this is your graduation that you have worked toward for many years. Please make this ceremony an experience that you will be proud of, because you deserve it.
- The yearbooks are here and may be picked up from Ms. Mathus-Goolsby in Room 602.
- If you need to purchase a yearbook, there are a few available in Room 602.
Senior Guidance Information
Seniors and Senior Parents: Mrs. Tyson, our senior guidance counselor, frequently sends emails to our seniors with scholarship information, FAFSA and other financial aid information, college application deadlines, and other information that may be of interest to them. Please remind your students to check their school email regularly. The information she shares is very helpful! Parents may email Mrs. Tyson to request to be added to the email list. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.