WHO WE ARE
The Dothan City Virtual School provides a flexible and engaging virtual learning experience for motivated, independent learners in Grades 7-12. DCVS offers students numerous benefits in terms of time flexibility student-centered courses, and program customization. Students may also participate in specialized courses at Dothan Tech or other DCS schools. It is through these unique learning opportunities that students of DCVS will connect with the future!
- Flexibility and personalized learning experiences
- Chromebooks with WIFI provided if needed
- DCVS is tuition FREE to Dothan City School families
- All courses are taught by state-certified teachers
- Graduate with a diploma from an accredited institution
Dothan City Schools’ students will not need to withdraw from their current schools in order to enroll in the Dothan City Virtual School.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Instruction for courses will be both synchronous and asynchronous. Students will participate in live instruction through web-conferencing (Zoom, Google Meet), review recorded sessions and complete electives via ACCESS or Edgenuity.
- Dual Enrollment – Earn college credit
- AP Courses
- Career Technical Programs through Dothan Tech
- Participation in extracurricular activities such as Athletics, Band, Chorus, and JROTC
- Student Interest Clubs and Special Events
- Academic Café Program (On-campus academic support)