Become a Lifeguard!
Go to DothanLeisureServices.org
Questions? Contact Courtney at 334-615-3758 or email@example.com
Join Dothan Leisure Services as we ring in the new year on a healthy note and participate in the Mayor’s 90 Day Challenge! Every resident is challenged to walk, roll, run, bike, or swim the equivalent of one mile per day for 90 days starting on Friday, January 8, and ending on National Walking Day, Wednesday, April 7.
The #90For90 Challenge is open to all ages and to everyone who lives, works, or exercises in Dothan. The challenge is not just for walkers and it does not have to take place outside; the options to complete your mile a day are endless.
Throughout the 90 day challenge, we will highlight our walking and fitness trails throughout the city on our social media platforms and hold Walk-n-Talk’s, which will include special guests such as the Mayor, City Commissioners, and City Department Heads. This is your chance to get some of your questions answered, learn about upcoming projects, and get your steps in too!
We will kick-off the Mayor’s 90 Day Challenge on Friday, January 8 at the Kiwanis Trail at Westgate Park at 10 a.m., and all residents are invited to join us.
Participants in the Mayor’s 90 Day Challenge can pick up a tracker card at any recreation center beginning Wednesday, January 6, or at the kick-off event. Participants are encouraged to log their miles, share on social media throughout the 90-day challenge, and turn in their cards at the end to be eligible for fantastic prizes!
For more information on the Mayor’s 90 Day Challenge, please visit Dothan Leisure Services on Facebook or Instagram.
A scholarship contest that recognizes up-and-coming artists and encourages patriotism in youth.
Deadline: March 31, 2021
Get Excited for the Red, White, and Blue!
A National Anthem Singing Contest for Youth Ages Six to 16.
Deadline: March 31, 2021
Southeast Alabama Education Outreach Center are happy to invite your child to secure their position in the Educational Talent Search Program (ETS) in Dothan City Schools (DCS). We have limited spots and would like to extend an invitation to your student.
Educational Talent Search (ETS) is a federally funded program with the following objectives:
- Identify students with the potential to enroll in college, technical school, or a certificate program (Post Secondary Education – PSE) after high school graduation.
- Supplement the middle and high school counselor’s guidance in career exploration, career planning, college financial planning, and academic advisement.
- Monitor student academic preparedness to be ready to enroll in a postsecondary option of choice.
- Facilitate the completion of the admission process in 11th and 12th grade to review and meet admission, financial aid, and scholarship deadlines relevant to individuals. The average award for 2020 senior $6,000.00
- In essence, ETS is about creating awareness about one’s curriculum choices to prepare a student for college enrollment and career path.
Community Bulletin Board Guidelines
Dothan City Schools (DCS) welcomes the community’s assistance and the opportunities they provide to our schools. Please remember flyer distribution via DCS is a courtesy and requests should always be to enhance the educational enrichment of each student.
Due to the recent COVID-19 Pandemic, Flyer Distribution to Dothan City Schools during the 2020-2021 school year will be distributed through an electronic community bulletin board. This method will allow DCS to adhere to our plans to mitigate the exposure of COVID-19 while also allowing our community organizations an opportunity to minimize costs, time, and/or paper associated with printing flyers for hardcopy distribution.
The following guidelines and criteria must be met in order to distribute flyers via community bulletin board:
- We limit flyers to school-sponsored clubs/organizations, and events being promoted by our community partners, such as the City’s leisure services department, public library, chamber of commerce, and other non-profit community organizations.
- We will distribute flyers on behalf of non-profit groups that are not directly affiliated with the schools, as long as they are providing a service to students/families; for example, a summer camp.
- We do NOT distribute flyers on behalf of any for-profit individual or company; it is our viewpoint that we cannot use our public platform to promote/market any business.
- All organizations must allow a minimum of five days from the date of submission for the flyer to be approved and posted to the DCS website. Detailed or larger flyers may sometimes take up to 10 school days for review and approval/denial.
- Flyers should be submitted no later than two weeks prior to the date of the activity/function.
- Flyers should NOT be delivered to any school and will not be accepted by any school until it has been approved by the Public Information Office.
- If the request is approved or denied, the vendor or individual making the request will be notified. If approved, the flyer will be posted to the online community bulletin board within 72 hours of approval.
- Please be mindful of the Dothan City Schools calendar when making flyer distribution requests